REALTOR® Lobby Day Wednesday January 17, 2018
Governor Calvert House
58 State Circle, Annapolis, Maryland
9:30 am - 10:00 Trolleys from Navy Stadium to Calvert House for members driving (Gate 5); Northeast, Western Maryland and Eastern Shore REALTOR buses arrive Lawyers Mall*
10:00 am Registration and continental breakfast
10:20 am Program (Governor Invited)
11:00 am - 12:45 pm Visits with Legislator House/Senate Offices
12:30 pm - 1:30pm Pick Up from Lawyers Mall to return to Navy Stadium
Last year, hundreds of your fellow REALTORS® traveled to Annapolis to hear about key legislative initiatives affecting the real estate industry. REALTORS® met with legislators and legislative staff telling them the importance of issues, like: simpler open house disclosure rules; and the lengthy foreclosure process. As a result of those meetings, legislation was passed and signed into law simplyfing open house rules and shortening the foreclosure process for vacant and abandoned properties. And legislation proposing expensive septic tank changes was defeated.
Help your industry and your clients by joining efforts to lobby this year for tax-free homebuyer savings accounts and consumer protections for escrow monies. Lobby day is a good way to network with colleagues from across the state and make a positive change for our industry.
Click HERE to register
2018 Legislatove Priorities and Key Talking Points to Emphasize with Legislator by District
(Confirmations, 2018 Legislative Priorites, Key Talking Points and District Information will also be sent via separate cover and available at Registration).
Please see Transportation Logistics below:
*LOBBY DAY BUS TRANSPORTATION SIGN UP & DRIVING/PARKING INFO:
For those choosing to travel by Maryland REALTORS®’ Lobby Day Bus, three buses will be provided coming from the Eastern Shore (Coastal, Mid Shore, Bay Area); Northeast Maryland (Cecil, Harford, GBBR); and Western Maryland (Garrett, Historic Highlands, Frederick, and Carroll). See sign up links below for more details and to sign up for your appropriate bus if you prefer to take a bus rather than drive – seating is limited. Scroll down further for driving instructions to Annapolis and parking information.
The Eastern Shore Bus SIGN UP for Coastal, Mid Shore and Bay Area members and route information:
- 7:30am - Coastal members meet at the Royal Farms off Route 50, just West of Salisbury (7900 Royalty Way, Salisbury, MD)
- 8:30am - Coastal & Mid Shore members meet at the Kohl's parking lot/Trevon Square Shopping Center (206 Marlboro Ave, Easton), just off Route 50 (207 Marlboro Ave, Easton, MD 21601)
- 9:15am – Coastal, Mid Shore and Bay Area members meet at the Kent Narrows parking lot just below the Kent Narrows Bridge, off Route 50 (Main St, Grasonville, MD 21638)
- 9:30am – Arrive Lawyer’s Mall, College Avenue, Annapolis MD 21401
The Northeast Maryland Bus SIGN UP for Cecil, Harford and GBBR members and route information:
- 8:00am - Cecil members meet at Perryville Park and Ride near Hollywood Casino (I-95 and MD 222)
- 8:30am – Harford and Cecil members will meet the bus at the Park & Ride Lot – Mountain Road & I-95; and
- 9:00am – GBBR and Harford members meet at the Park and Ride @ White Marsh Mall;
- 9:45am - Arrive Lawyer’s Mall, College Avenue, Annapolis MD 21401
The Western Maryland Bus SIGN UP for Garrett, Historic Highlands, Pen Mar, Frederick and Carroll members and route information:
- 7:30am - Garrett, Historic Highland and Pen Mar members meet the bus at Pen Mar, 300 Cameo Drive;
- 8:15am - Frederick members meet at the commuter lot directly across from Army National Guard building (Chesaco RV directly ahead as you leave I-70, heading east at Exit 56)
- 9:00am - Carroll members meet at West Friendship Park and Ride (I-70 Exit 80/MD32W)
- 9:30am - Arrive Lawyer’s Mall, College Avenue, Annapolis MD 21401
DRIVING TO ANNAPOLIS & PARKING INFORMATION:
Here is a list of local, nearby parking garages close to the Governor Calvert House on 58 State Circle. Gotts and Hilman are the two closest. Parking is also available at the Navy Stadium (Gate 5) with the Annapolis Circulator Trolley running from there to the Calvert House/Lawyers Mall drop off point from 9:15am to 10:15am, returning at 12:30pm, after Legislative Office visits.
Nearby Parking - https://annapolisparking.com/parking-locations/garages-and-lots/
DIRECTIONS TO GOVERNOR CALVERT HOUSE, 58 STATE CIRCLE, ANNAPOLIS, MD 21401
From MD/DE EASTERN SHORE - FOLLOW ROUTE 50 WEST ACROSS THE BAY BRIDGE. CONTINUE ON ROUTE 50 FOR ABOUT 5 MILES. TAKE EXIT 24 ROWE BLVD. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS BELOW FROM ROWE BLVD.
From WASHINGTON, DC - FOLLOW ROUTE 50 EAST FOR APPROXIMATELY 22 MILES. TAKE EXIT 24-ROWE BLVD ROUTE 70 AND STAY IN THE RIGHT LANE ON THE EXIT. RIGHT LANE WILL MERGE ONTO ROWE BLVD. FOLLOW ROWE BLVD APPROX. 2 MILES (YOU WILL BE SEING A LOT OF CONSTRUCTION AROUND YOU). ROWE BLVD BECOMES NORTHWEST STREET. TRAVEL ON NORTHWEST STREET FOR ONE BLOCK, STREET WILL END AT CHURCH CIRCLE. FOLLOW THE CIRCLE HALFWAY AROUND AND TURN RIGHT ONTO SCHOOL STREET. SCHOOL STREET WILL MERGE IMMEDIATELY ONTO STATE CIRCLE (YOU WILL SEE THE CAPITAL BUILDING). FOLLOW STATE CIRCLE THREE QUARTERS THE WAY AROUND AND THE GOVERNOR CALVERT HOUSE WILL BE ON YOUR RIGHT AT 58 STATE CIRCLE.
From NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY/DELAWARE/PHILADELPHIA AND POINTS NORTH/EAST - FOLLOW ROUTE 95 SOUTH TO INTERSTATE 695 EAST, TO INTERSTATE 97 SOUTH TOWARD ANNAPOLIS. FOLLOW 97 SOUTH TO ROUTE 50 EAST. AT ROUTE 50 EAST TRAVEL FOR APPROXIMATELY 5 MILES TO EXIT 24-ROWE BLVD/ROUTE 70 AND STAY IN THE RIGHT LANE ON THE EXIT. RIGHT LANE WILL MERGE ONTO ROWE BLVD. FOLLOW ROWE BLVD APPROX. 2 MILES (YOU WILL BE SEING A LOT OF CONSTRUCTION AROUND YOU). ROWE BLVD BECOMES NORTHWEST STREET. TRAVEL ON NORTHWEST STREET FOR ONE BLOCK, STREET WILL END AT CHURCH CIRCLE. FOLLOW THE CIRCLE HALFWAY AROUND AND TURN RIGHT ONTO SCHOOL STREET. SCHOOL STREET WILL MERGE IMMEDIATELY ONTO STATE CIRCLE (YOU WILL SEE THE CAPITAL BUILDING). FOLLOW STATE CIRCLE THREE QUARTERS THE WAY AROUND AND THE GOVERNOR CALVERT HOUSE WILL BE ON YOUR RIGHT AT 58 STATE CIRCLE.